This program is recommended for any persons working in the investigation field including fire origin & cause, safety officers in the petroleum and construction industry, government, military, and accident/incident re-constructionists.
Global Forensics Inc. offers this program in a one, two, three, and five day format. There is no need to be intimidated by different camera systems, as we have trained our clients using the equipment at hand from point and shoot to DSLR’s.
- Camera Basics
- What is Forensics
- Digital Imagery & the Law
- Forensic Photography
- Documenting the Scene
- Lighting Techniques
- Low Light & Night Photography
- Types of Scenes (collision, accident, fire, explosion, criminal)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Impression Evidence
- Equipment Needs
- Ultra Violet/Infrared
- Macro Photography
- Tactical Photography
- Long Range Photography
Handling and Storage of flammable and combustible liquids – Properties, storage considerations, handling precautions, chemistry of fire, bonding/grounding.
Air Monitoring at Hazardous Materials Incidents – Introduction to safety, toxicology, personal protective equipment, monitoring equipment, and proper sampling techniques.
Ammonia Awareness – Safety, toxicology, proper personal protective equipment and response techniques.
Note: Global Forensics is constantly designing programs to suit our clients’ needs.
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Investigations
The emphasis of any investigation is to gather “all” the facts including the gathering of evidence, interviewing and statement analysis, documenting the entire scene, and reaching a conclusion based on the scientific method. This intense 3 day program will comprise of the following:
- OH&S Legislation
- Why Investigate – “How will this investigation look in court?”
- Legal aspects
- What is forensics
- Root cause analysis
- The systematic approach to investigations
- Major incident scene management
- Scene approach and preserving the scene
- Hazardous materials awareness
- Types of scenes
- Documenting the scene
- Forensic photography
Participants will conduct hands on scenarios including mock scenes.
Interviewing and Statement Analysis
This presentation will acquaint the participant in the interviewing process and the analysis of the statement. The program is highly beneficial to both public and private services including fire, police, security, corporate, and the insurance industry.
The participant will gain the basic knowledge in:
- Types of Statements – Verbal, Pure Version and Q & A
- Verbal vs Non-Verbal Communication
- The Statement Environment
- Statement Analysis
- Human Behaviour & Deception
- Introduction to Polygraph
Forensic and Fire Identification
This seminar will provide information on how to thoroughly process a fire fatality scene from the emergency responder’s initial contact with the scene through to the police (including forensic perspective) and fire investigators responsibilities. Procedures that should be followed to maintain the integrity of the scene for forensic identification will be included in this seminar. The selection and use of proper personal protective equipment will be covered throughout the investigation.
- Introduction to Fire Incident Command System
- Introduction to Forensic Duties
- Origin & Cause
- Footwear Impression Evidence
- Scene Safety
- Forensic Light Source
- Scene Contamination/Dealing with Forensic Evidence
- First Responders Fire Scene Approach
- Fire Fatality Reconstruction
- Arson Indicators
- Fire Scene Photography
- Photography Practical
- Effects of Fire on the Body/Injuries/Autopsy
- Forensic Entomology/Anthropology
- Collection of Biological Evidence at a Fire Scene
- Tire Impression Evidence
- Forensic Interviewing
Please add my appreciation for not just the level of instruction but also for a great group of participants. Both the level of presenter and the level of participants helped make this one of the best, if not the best investigation seminar I have had the pleasure of participating in. CD
Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
Interviewing and Statement Analysis
Clandestine Drug Lab Awareness
Additional Training Services
Other training services includes but is not limited to:
- Note Taking
- Report Writing
- Drug Lab Awareness
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Major Scene Management
Global Forensics Inc. will supply training services to meet our clients’ needs.