Dave Hughes is a fire and Explosion Investigator with Global Forensics Inc.
Previous to joining Global Forensics, Mr. Hughes was a Shift Fire Investigator with the Calgary Fire Department. He began his Calgary Fire Department career as a firefighter and then as a Fire Inspector before joining the Investigation Bureau.
Dave has investigated approximately 500 fires including structural, vehicle, mechanical and criminal incidents
Before the Calgary Fire Department, Dave was with the Canadian Armed Forces and retired as a Search and Rescue Technician from the RCAF elite Search and Rescue team.
He has the following credentials:
Certified Fire Investigator (CFEI) – Kentucky Conference 2014
Fire Investigator Advanced – Lakeland College
Fire Safety Codes Officer Alberta – Inspector (Group B Level 2)
Fire Safety Codes Officer – Investigator (Group C Level 2)
NFPA Inspector 1031 Level 2 – Proboard Certified
NFPA Investigator 1033 Investigator – Proboard Certified
Firefighter 1001 level 2 – Proboard Certified
Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Operations Level – IFSAC Certified
Search and Rescue Technician, 01/1994 to 07/2007
Department of National Defense – CFB Comox, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Trenton
- Highly trained specialist who provided on scene medical attention during rescue of aviators, mariners and others who are in distress in remote, hard to reach areas
- Highly trained in pre-hospital care and highly trained survival expert in high altitude and arctic conditions
- Performance of all terrain and climatic rescue maneuvers
Scuba diving, parachuting, hoisting, land search including mountaineering
- On scene emergency medical procedures / identification, treatment, stabilization and packaging
- Four years as an Instructor at the Canadian Forces School of Search and Rescue.